NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Effects of Floating in Space
Name: jennifer l haggard

Question:
Is there a long term effect if you are floating in space for a long time?

The one thing I can think of is that our bodyis used ot moving in the force of earth gravity and pumping fluids in that same force. I would think that our muscles adn bones would weaken if we were out there for long. Our bodies are very clever and are constantly adapting to the changes. If we stayed too long our heart might just decide it did not need to pump very much. Our brain might be a little upset.

Samuel P Bowen