NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Surface temperture of Neptune
Name: timothy a pecoraro

Question:
What is the surface temp of Neptune?

Thank you...

I can help you a little. Observations of the outer planets were reported in Science magazine within the past decade. Try your local library. Then, if you like, you can tell us what you found.

I don't know your latitude, so I don't know how the heavens look from where you are. In Northern Illinois, Sirius is in the South and so is Jupiter. Arcturus is bright in the West. Best thing to do is get a copy of Sky and Telescope which always contains a star map for the current season.

J Lu