NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Spider Web Preventing
Name: William and Martha

Question:
Hello. I found your site through the AskJeeves search engine doing a search for "spider webs". Is there any trick to PREVENT spider webs, such as in the basement of the house? I thought I read somewhere that there is something you can leave out that discourages them.

I don't know of anything that will prevent spider webs except removing the spiders. Webs are for catching food, as long as you have spiders and a food source you will have webs.