NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne DNA and evolution resources

Question:
Hi! I am a teacher at Holland Hall School in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am trying to he help a student find resources on the study of mitochondrial DNA with relation to evolution and migration of humans. Do you have any suggestions or names of people who might? We do not yet have access to the WWW. Thanks for your help.

Here are a few names (with addresses, if I have them): 1. Douglas Wallace, Dept. of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta GA 30322 2. A. C. Wilson Mark Stoneking - I think he's at the Washington University in St. Louis. If I think of others, I'll send another message.

Steve J Triezenberg

Professor Wilson is deceased. Try Rebecca Cann. I believe she was involved with the now dispartially discredited theory of "Eve". She may be at Univ. of Hawaii.

Michael B Lomonaco

Dr. Lomonaco is correct - Dr. Wilson (of UC Berkeley) is deceased. Dr. Mark Stoneking is at the Penn State University. Dr. Luca Cavalli-Sforza at Stanford University and Dr. Milford Wolpoff at the University of Michigan are others who are expert in this field.

Steve J Triezenberg