NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Trying to conceive
Name: Barry Mensh

Question:
I am trying to conceive a child....have been at it for about a year, with no success......I was interested in any info you could give me about the "whens", "hows", and possible intervention strategies...thanks so much!

The causes and therefore the treatments for infertility are numerous and would be difficult (and improper) to establish in this forum. I suggest that you contact your primary physician for a referral to an infertility specialist (now a recognized subspecialty), and also t you look in the local public library for books (published since, say, 1990) that can present the various causes and actions in lay language. There are also a number of infertility support groups and publications available; I can provide specific titles if you wish.

Steve J Triezenberg