NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Geese vs Swan
Name:  Jeffrey

Question:
Will a pair of Mute Swans keep Canada Geese away from a 3 acre pond site?

Maybe, but my opinion is, probably not. Swans are often used in an attempt to discourage C. geese, and sometimes it works, sometimes not. It seems to me that 3 acres is a pretty big territory for one pair of swans to defend and that the geese will just move a "safe" distance from the swans.