NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Stop Mulberries Fruiting
Name: TIOTHY

Question:
I HAVE A MULBERRY TREE IN MY YARD, CAN YOU STOP IT FROM > PRODUCING FRUIT? VERY MESSY AND KIDS TRACK IT IN THE HOUSE, BUT I LOVE > THE 20' TREE.

Guess you have 3 possibilities: either you would have to pick the fruit and/or flowers from the tree before they fall, or clean up off the ground, or cut it down.

Anthony Brach

While there are fruitless varieties of mulberrys, I do not believe there is any way to stop an existing tree from fruiting.