NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Flowerless Arizona Morning Glories
Name: Zona
Grade: N/A

Question:
I planted my morning glories this year and I have beautiful vines but I have NO flowers. It has vined up the lattice about 7 feet now and I see no blooms or buds on them. Can you tell me what to do or what is wrong? I planted the seeds.

It depends on the variety that you have. If you have standard blue morning glories, I have found that they don't bloom until August, at least in the Midwest. It is also important that they get morning sun.