NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Fourth dimension and virtual reality
Name: jake witlen

Question:
I am doing a project on Virtual reality and how that might now be considered the fourth dimension. I was wondering if anyone could post a response to my questions. Do you think that VR is the 4th dimension? Why? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi. I've just given a very intelligent description of dimensions in 403 :-) Read it - I hope it's possible to understand what I wrote. It's a bit difficult to answer without being too technical.

No I don't think VR is the 4th dimension. The concept of dimensions is disappointingly simple and commonplace, not at all like what I used to read in Superman (I loved that little guy with the strange name who came 'from the 5th dimension').

jan p anderson