NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Halo Zone in Test of Antimicrobial Sensitivity

Name: Nur
Country: Indonesia

Question:
What is the Halo Zone in sensitivity test of antimicrobial?

Hi Nur,

Thanks for the question. I believe the Halo Zone in the sensitivity test for a antimicrobial is the region in which bacteria are not able to grow. The bacteria are not able to grow since the antibiotic prevents their growth.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions. Thanks Jeff