NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Dimensions
Name: Joel

Question:
Heres a question I've been trying to get answered. Science is up to the 4th dimension but what is the theory behind others, is there a 5th or a 6th? And how many are there supposed to be?

There is a book by Micio Kau called "Hyperspace" that discusses this topic at length. It is intended for non-scientists and is very readable. I have found it very enjoyable.

I could tell you what he said but it's not my area of expertise and I wouldn't want to give away the ending ;)

...Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Dr. Bradburn

Joel -

I suggest you read Hyperspace by Michio Kaku where he discusses the "ultimate" ten dimensions of space.