NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Flouresent Lights
Name: Michael

Question:
Ok, on flouresent light fixtures. What is the typical power consumption of a floursent light fixture when it is turned on. How long does it take to the system to reach equilibrium. I guess what I am asking for is a graph of power consumption vs. time for a flouresent light fixture. Thank you.

After the initial warm up period (maybe as much as a couple of seconds) the power consumption should remain nearly constant at the value given on the package for very long times (years).

Bradburn