NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Positive and Negative Forces
Name: Ashley

Question:
Hello, I have two questions to ask and i hope you will be able to answer them. First of all do you thin you could give me a simple definition of what negative and postitve ge forces are? And yes I've looked for days on the internet and at the libarary. Also I was wondering just how exactly would you go about building a model (mimiature) roller coaster that doesn't work? The reason why I am asking is because I am doing a project on roller coasters and I am going in a contest, and would like to make a model.

When people say "positive g force", what they really mean is an upward acceleration, which adds to the acceleration of gravity and makes you feel heavier. A negative g force is a downward acceleration.