NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Acceleration Due To Gravity
Name: Nishka

Question:
I asked a question the other day, my question was: What is the gravitational pull in Greenville, SC, I received an answer that gave the general pull of gravity on earth, what I was looking for was a way to find out, i.e., a source to look into, that would give me, specifically, the pull of gravity in my city, with respect to its location on the earth

The exact formula will not represent well, here. It is from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics under "Acceleration due to gravity at any latitude and elevation". It is also known as Helmert's equation.