NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Gravitational Push and Pull
Name: Alon

Question:
I read an interesting article on the Gravitation force. It states that the gravitation force is both a pulling and pushing force at once.

Can you clarify this theory?

I took the time to page through a number of the many topics on this web site. (I was not very busy.) The most important statement the author made was this, I quote: "When I work on this topic, I feel as if I am contradicting myself, as from a logical standpoint many of my ideas seem impossible." That was about the only statement of his with which I can agree. This web site is an example of the strength and weakness of the Internet: If you have the time and a web page, you can say most anything no matter how wrong, worthless, ridiculous, or useless. Do not bother to copy this URL into your "save" folder, it will only occupy bytes you can put to better use. If gravity "pushed" we would not need airplanes or rockets, we would just strap on our "push belt" and fly away.