NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Neutrino Rest Mass

Question:
I recently read in the local paper that a recent experiment has detected a neutrino rest mass & that this discovery may account for the missing mass regarding gravitational closure of the universe. I have not seen anything further on the subject. Can you tell me where I might get further info on the subject?

There are short articles in the February 7 issue of Science magazine and in the February 11 issue of Science News. The latter article says that their findings will be submitted to Physics Review Letters, and another experiment is planned for August.