NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Resistances of elements

Question:
I would like some help with a problem. I would like to know the resistances of some elements listed below
Nb
Pb
La
V
Ta
Hg
Sn
In
Al
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I got these from the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 73rd edition. All values should be multiplied by 10^(-8), and the unit of resistively (not resistance) is ohm-meter. Resistively is in general a function of temperature; the reference gives values for a number of elements at several temperatures, and of some pure metals at only one temperature (or temperature range). For those elements you asked about which fall in this latter category, this one temperature was 273K, or 0C, except for La; so except for La, that is the temperature I will assume for all of the values below:
Nb 15.2
Pb 19.2
La 61.5 (this was the value given for temperature range of 290-300K)
V 19.7
Ta 12.2
Hg 94.1
Sn 11.5
In 8.0
Al 2.417

Rcwinther