NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Photons

Question:
My name is John Cato. My questions are: What is a photon made of? and What kind of atoms make a photon being that is the lightest matter? Thank you.

Photon is an elementary particle in the true sense : it does not have any internal structure. It is a massless. particle.

Jasjeet