NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Magnetism and Temperature

Question:
I'm doing a science fair project and my question is "The effect of increasing temperature on a magnet's magnetism" and i would like to know what exactly magnetism is and also if heat effects magnetism. THank you so much. Please get this info to me ASAP. P.S do you know any goos sites on magnetism?

The main keywords you are looking for are Curie temperature. Once you have found that, you may also need ferromagnetic and paramagnetic.

---Nathan A. Unterman---