NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Scorpion Prevention
Name: Sherry

Question:
My sister-in-law has a scorpion problem in her home she kills 2-3 daily. Last night she went to bed and around midnight woke up with her neck stinging she went to the bathroom to see what it was and it stung her 2 more times it was a scorpion. We were trying to find out what to do to get rid of them.

One of my friends living in El Paso mentioned once that some people actually placed their bed post legs into buckets of water to prevent the scorpions from getting into bed.

Steve