NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Albino and Smell
Name: Steve L.

Question:
For a composition report I have to research albinos. My question I had involved their sense of smell. I read in one place that they cannot smell well. Is this true, and if so, why is this so? What is wrong that they cannot smell well? That would be great if you could help me out with that.

To the best of my knowledge albinos are normal in all respects except for lack of pigmentation.