NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Coyotes in Chicago
Name: Micah S.
Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002

Question:
I am very interested in coyotes in the Chicago area. I am having trouble locating information on this. Would you please direct my search?

What kind of information are you looking for? A good start would be any of the nature centers or field offices of the forest preserves in the area; you can start with the Conservation Department of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, 708-771-1330. The Nature Museum of the Chicago Academy of Sciences would be another good resource. I do not think you will find much, if anything, published or available on the web.