NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Nectar to Honey
Name: Daniel G.

Question:
How do bees actually make honey. I know the field workers gather the nectar and transfer (regurgitate) the nectar into the mouth of the house bees. The honey is then deposited into a cell within the hive. However, I am curious as to how exactly the nectar is turned into honey? I have consulted a variety of sources but I have yet to find a thorough explanation of the process of converting nectar into honey.

Try this page.

http://www.draperbee.com/info/honey.htm