NEWTON Home Page NEWTON Teachers Visit Our Archives Ask A Question How To Ask A Question Question of the Week Our Expert Scientists Volunteer at NEWTON! Frequently Asked Questions Referencing NEWTON About NEWTON About Ask A Scientist Education At Argonne Blue Jay Beaks
Name: deleon
Age: K-3
Location: TX

Question:
How long is a blue jays beak,and the color of it,and if possible can you tell me why the beak is that color.

A blue jay's beak is 3/4 inch to an inch long, and is dark grey to nearly black. I really don't know why the beak is that color.